Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But he needs to sacrifice a bigger HDB space for a smaller condo space for a much higher price. And I don't think people end up utilising alot of the facilities. I went to condos for viewing and most of the time even in the evening, the pools are quite empty.

I didn't say people should avoid condos at all cost. If one can more than comfortably pay for it, then go for it.
He said his family is small, so if it is only 3 persons (husband, wife and child), then a 2 room unit is comfortable as the child has a room of his own. Anyway, don't see your unit as your only living space, the whole condo compund is actually your recreational and living space.

Most people use the condo facilities during weekends or when they are on leave. For me, I am staying in a condo and enjoying the facilities and the status it brings. Family and friends now look up to you as they now recognise that you are now really successful. I bought my condo when I was 38 and am still financing my mortgage by CPF, I don't really feel any burden at all. To me, buying a condo for stay is a long term investment but most important of all, it gives me the affirmation of my higher social status.