Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If everyone thinks like you, then no one will buy a condo. A condo gives you convenience, you can just walk down from your unit and enjoy the gym, pool, landscaping, etc. if you use public facilities, you have to walk far and not much privacy. These places are crowded and you never know what kind of pervert characters around. You don't want your children or even yourself to be victims. A condo also provide security, you won't worry about vandals & painting of O$P$ on your flat wall. You won't have salesmen knocking on your door.

Why would some people pay millions for a condo? It is a status symbol. Once you can afford a condo, you have made it. All your hard work from young till now finally pays off.
But he needs to sacrifice a bigger HDB space for a smaller condo space for a much higher price. And I don't think people end up utilising alot of the facilities. I went to condos for viewing and most of the time even in the evening, the pools are quite empty.

I didn't say people should avoid condos at all cost. If one can more than comfortably pay for it, then go for it.