Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The latest batch of HDB BTO launch indicates that a 4 room flat costs only $200k plus. This is very cheap. Some forumers who claim to earn $470k pa or $700k pa can simply buy these in cash from their one year salary. I don't understand why people complaint property is expensive. $200k plus for a 4 room flat is very cheap what.

Even for the low income group, if a couple earns $2000 pm each, their monthly income is $4000. I'm sure they can afford easily the monthly mortgage payments for a $200k plus BTO flat.

In short, what people who view this thread need to know is that, compared to all the folks out there who are stuggling to even meet ends needs, there is this group of rich to do folks (real or imaginary), that are looking to afford mult-million properties, or so they claim.

The part on Maslow Hierarchy of Needs is probably correct. Upon fulfilling their basic needs, they have higher needs, like feeling accomplished in life. Perhaps if all these people are as successful as they claimed they are, they would have accomplished that need already. Or that they would have better way to meet that need.

I could have just as easily say that I make $300k per annum while I actually make only about half of that amount. All I could say is believe in what you see in real life and judge for yourself. Maybe these people are geninue folks that are here to fulfil their higher needs, but does it really reflect on the society at large?