Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Looks like everything is turning out well for both of you. If you sell you properties in Singapore, say you get $2m, you will get RM5.2m when you convert to RM. This is a lot of money and both of you can retire happily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My husband lost his job just before our traditional wedding dinner. That was 11 years ago. He was in and out of several jobs since then. The longest he held on to a job was last year for a year. Before that he had 6 months with Singtel and 6 months as a teacher both times of which I got pregnant thinking he finally found a steady job. Sometimes, he would be jobless for a year when he would give tuition off and on.
It has been tough on us and mentally stressful for me till I had a breakdown. Fortunately, my job is stable and pays quite well. I work as a medical locum GP doctor. Sometimes, he thinks he is not given a chance as his employer would think we would be alright since my job is stable and pays quite well.
Fortunately, we manage to make money from property, buying when he had a stable income record and now live in a landed terrace.The value of the house has doubled from 1.1 million when we bought it to 2 million now. We are also waiting for our MM to TOP soon and for it to give us passive income. We are also awaiting state consent for a JB semidetached house which we bought with an equity loan against the value of our terrace.
We hope to pay off our terrace mortgage soon in a few years time and semiretire in JB when the RTS is up in 2019. Our rental income from our MM and terrace should enable us to retire in JB if we want to....
I am thankful to God for his provision and for blessing me with 2 sons and even though my husband's job situation sucks, at least he does not have any vices and tries still to get a job...