Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advise Needed for Bioengineering grad
View Single Post
Old 20-11-2009, 03:52 PM

Gan_Do is on a distinguished road
Default Advise Needed for Bioengineering grad

Hi, I have just graduated with a 2nd Class Upper in Bioengineering in NTU and till date I still cant land myself a job for 5 mths already.

Initially I wanted to apply for Medicine in NUS-DUKE but after calculations, the monetary returns might not even be sufficient for me to buy a flat in the future. It was quite a painful decision to delay and then abandon the idea.

As such I tried applying for jobs such as Business Development and medical Technologists and all these have failed.

As I am 25 now, I am quite fearful of ending up in a low-paying position and career for the rest of my life. Time seems to be running out and I aspire to earn more than the common $3K to give my family a comfortable life. I do like people interaction (though not very fluent in people-dealings) and presenting ideas.

As such, can anyone kindly advise a career and how I should go about it? Basically I feel my degree has been more of a hinder when I tried to position myself for a career in business development. I can still go back as a process engineer though but I doubt their pay will rise fast enough.

Anyone with any fair advise? thanks