Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What's all these nonsense postings? Let me share with you the truth from my own experience. My wife and I only earn an annual income of $130k and we are now in our late 30s. We first got our HDB flat in Queenstown and after a few years of staying ther, we sold it off at $900k.

Since we bought it cheap, after paying off the outstanding mortgage, we had net cash of $700k. We then use the $700k plus our own $100k savings to pay for downpayment of a $1.1m condo in Upper Bukit Timah. So the mortgage for our current condo is only $300k. This is very much manageable for us.

So, you dont need a salary of $470k pa or $800k pa to buy a condo, unless you want to buy the $30m condos in Orchard Road.

There are many stupid forumers here who have no knowledge at all on private properties.
No need to say others are stupid. Sometimes, it's not that we are smart, just that we are lucky. Right place at the right time is all.

You just happened to buy a BTO at a good location (OK, maybe you chose the good location , so credit to you), but I doubt you foresaw the property boom that therefore let you cash out of the HDB.