Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

I will take this as a troll post.

Information on the TDSR is easily available on the web. Only you can answer if you can meet the TDSR requirements. Who knows what other loans you are currently servicing? Car loan, student loan, credit card loans and what have you?

Also, I find it stupid to try and keep up with your neighbours/friends. You should only acquire things that are beneficial for your well being and which are within your means.

Having said that, living in a condo has been a quantum leap in terms of quality of life for me as compared to living in a HDB. You need to note that not all condos are made the same, and some newer HDBs are actually very good except they dont have facilities.

My regret was that I upgraded to a condo too late in life (in my early 50s). I should have done so in my early 40s once I could afford it rather than wait. I didnt realise my life could be so much better living in a condo. I see my younger neighbours with their young children thoroughly enjoying themselves in the pool and playground. My children are older and dont have that much time to enjoy the facilities, but still they sometimes have barbeque parties in the condo.

Do your own sums properly, and upgrade only if you can afford it, not because your friends and neighbours are doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
37, $6k pm.
Wife, 35, $5k pm.
Can we upgrade to a condo and take loan of $1m?
Our friends are now living in a condo, so we must also upgrade from our HDB flat.
Is it advisable?