Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

This life is temporary.

THE TRUE MEANING OF LIFE. REALITY IS... - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Was looking at the very first post in this thread started by "Avatar" in Jan 2010. Imagine that, 4 years have already passed!

Avatar, who stated he was a a senior software earning $70k pa, wanted to know where he stood in terms of salary. I have not seen any more post from him since. I can only imagine that he was rudely woken up by the many posters here with their few hundred thousand dollar salaries and their multi-million dollar assets.

Sometimes it is good not to know. We can go on living happily with what we earn and save. But once we opened up our eyes and see that our neighbour is driving a bigger car, going for expensive holidays, wearing nice clothes and what not, we begin to feel envy and our happy blissful life is no more. I was once like that. As a new entrant into the job market, many years ago, I was very pleased with my pay of around $3k pm. With bonuses, I was bringing home $40+k pa. Was pleased as pie. But when I found out that older colleagues were bringing home 3 to 4 times what I was earning, envy sets in. I became a different person.

I wonder what Avatar is doing now? Is he still working in the same line or industry? Has he moved into a more lucrative job?