Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Fresh Grad Needs Career Advice
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinchua View Post
Dear all, thank you for all of your valuable inputs and opinions. I have since went for the second interview and am back with more salary information, but just to clarify some questions above:

• Fresh Commerce Grad (Specializing in Management) - No honours
  • Mainly HR & IT Training Experience, Minimal Sales from internships/part time jobss

3 Year-Salary Package Details

Mar 14: $1,000
Apr to Jun 14: $1,500
Jul to Sep 14: $2,000
Oct to Dec 14: $2,500

Jan to Jun 15: $3,000
Jul to Dec 15: $3,500

Jan to Jun 16: $4,000
Jul to Dec 16: $4,500

Effectively, $109,000 over a period of 34 months (Mar 14 - Dec 16), averaging out to be $3,205/mth over 3 years.
  • There'll be CPF
  • I'll be the first hire to be in this "New" pay structure.
  • Boss says this 3-year plan will reflect accordingly in contract.
  • Possibility of increasing/decreasing (but dependent on performance - which the Boss say must see first but if I'm good he's definitely willing to pay more)

Benefits
  • No Annual Leaves (but can take unlimited amount of Unpaid Leaves, up to individual - rationale is people tend to abuse AL/SL)
  • Other than the above, nothing else was mentioned or that I know of.
  • Boss asks me to factor in the Training part where employees are sent to multiple trainings (which costs money and up to $5,000/pax a year - ask me to compare with pees which might not have such trainings; includes stuffs like branding/sales & marketing/social media/personnel development)
  • Boss also asks me to factor in the part where he will be a Direct Mentor to me (which he explains costs money technically cause he invests his time, citing lawyers have consultation fees etc)

Career Progression
  • After this 3 years programme, should be looking at either Senior Consultant/AM role. (but can be faster depending on how fast I learn/perform)
  • Year 4-6, manager role and how to manage business etc.
  • Year 6 onwards, possibility for GM role.

Appreciate any comments please. Thank you.
sounds like a scam. a huge one.