Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey guys,

Just want to have some opinion.
I actually got offered NTU Business and will be matriculating after my NS. But due to family financial issues, it's not wise for me to study for another 3 years and the opportunity cost of not able to earn an income to help my family.

So, I'm trying to source for the 2nd best alternatives even though it's a pity & regret to give up NTU offer...
I was actually thinking of joining stat board/ministry as executive or MSO with my
Diploma (business dip, GPA 3.85), while pursuing UniSIM degree as part-time.
And eventually, hoping to jump to MX scheme after getting a degree.

Just want to know, are the chances high of converting to MX after graduating from unisim? If not, is it easy to job hop and reapply to other stat board/ministries with the UniSIM degree?

Appreciates all advice or alternatives from everyone.

TIA!
dont be stupid. can go local uni jus go. there are alot of financial aids available if your family finance is really so tight (bursary, work-study scheme etc etc). Alternatively, you can also take up bank loans which are interest free for the period of ur 3-4 years in uni.

u cant go far anywhere with jus a dip whether it is private or public... unless u have lots of valuable and influential connections who are willing to give u the opportunity.

here's a rough sense of the difference btw those with degree and those who jus have a dip or below: