Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Advice
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyohdrg View Post
Its not possible for me to do a double degree as I can't afford it, to be frank. I aim to study an MBA in the future if needed after graduation but that will be many many years later. Let's not deviate from the topic, I would appreciate further feedback on the questions initially posted to allow me to make a conscious decision on my career choice. Thanks and please continue to give me more advice.
Do chemical engineering if you excel in quantitative subjects and hate writing essays and business if vice versa. Chem eng will give you the option of getting into oil & gas industry if it suits your taste. Doing business doesn't automatically give you an edge getting into 'business' sectors like banking or stuff like it.

In fact, some parts of the financial sector such as sales & trading like people with engineering backgrounds as they are conversant with quantitative subject matter: Enough to quickly grasp concepts and understand certain things best explained using an equation, but not too hardcore to the point that nobody understands what you are talking about.