Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Will it be difficult for me to find another job without a PR?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devjyoti View Post
I don't have the MBA they have hence I can't become an I Banker or Consultant plus my consultant friends have no life. I want a decent work life balance, in this job I can leave office by 6-6.30 most days.
That's why I hope to do an MBA from INSEAD, I'm hoping I'll get a good job which will pay me as much as my friends after the MBA.
Sorry to burst your bubble. There is a good reason why your friends are making 2.5x of what you make and it is not because of the MBA. It's because IB/consulting work is demanding and they have no work-life balance. (Well, not as much as you would like to have anyway.) You can either have your cake or eat it; you can't have both. The sooner you price yourself back to reality the better. The fact that the bank is moving your job offshore suggests that you are overpriced for your function. Either you chase and go where the jobs are, or you settle for less.

Like what we say in trading, you can choose to leave an offer that is way above market, just don't keep asking why no one has come to lift you...

Flip it the other way, if you were such an attractive asset, there would have been plenty of bids for you and you would have easily traded to a new job already.