Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Rich kids do better
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2009, 12:52 PM

Husky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
admin, I feel for you. Everybody here seems to be somehow missing your point But then again, somehow a lot of people have a tendency to miss the point when it comes to discussions like this.

What some of you guys are saying here is like: in a race between Ferrari Enzo and Ford Pinto, if the Ferrari owner never bother to step on the gas and never maintain the car properly, the Ford Pinto driver who maintains it in excellent shape and step on the gas can win. Which is true! But don't you see how blardy-missing-the-point the argument is?

Somehow if people talk about how coming from a rich family gives you an advantage, or being good looking gives you an advantage, people JUST! CAN'T! STOP! spewing exactly this kind of arguments.
LoL... It comes in various forms... Part of my job involves informing people about the risks of smoking and helping them to quit. Every other smoker I counsel will tell me, "Eh, you say smoking increases the risks of cancer and blah blah... I know of ONE uncle who smoke two packs a day and live to 90!"

To which I will reply... I know of one fellow who never bothers to look before he cross the roads... somehow he is still alive... celebrating his 50th birthday next week... Does that somehow encourage you to cross the road blindfolded from now on???