Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

You are lucky to be able to afford two cars. As for downgrading to HDB flat, we will have no problems as many of my friends and colleagues stay in HDB flats. We upgraded to a condo because it was very cheap in 2006 and we also wanted to let our children have a taste of condo living while they are young.

Btw, how old are you now? How much is your household income and net worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you are living a simple life now it will be easier to downgrade to HDB, when the time comes.

My wife and I have our own cars. Once we tried living with one car, we simply could not adjust. With only one car, I have to fetch her to her workplace and then send our children to school. It was very taxing on me as my work schedule not very flexible and also at times I had to be in office very early. So they had to wake up very early to take public transport or taxi. We were all tired and stressed each day. So after 2 months, we went back to having 2 cars.

Likewise for the maid, we tried not having a maid after our children reached secondary school level. We had food delivery for dinners, and we took turns to clean the house every evening. Again it was terrible as we were always tired out when we reached home at night from work! Our clothes were not ironed for that period without a maid, and most weekends were spent cleaning up the house. We promptly got ourselves a maid.

Living in a condo has uplifted our quality of life - privacy, facilities and exclusiveness. We upgraded from HDB, so we know what life would be like if we downgrade back to HDB. Adjusting from HDB to condo living was the easy part. Going the other way around would be a pain, I am sure.