Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Serious question on pro-rated leave and getting leave back in cash
View Single Post
Old 19-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
What do you know about TS to say all that? Stick to the topic or just refrain from posting since you're not happy. Not happy just move on? Practise what you preach before shooting off your fingers and criticising others.

TS: What union do you belong to? And from your other posts, I have an image of you as an PMET. If you are indeed one, you are not protected under the Employment Act. Read the terms of eligibility carefully here: The Employment Act - Ministry of Manpower

When not covered by the Employment Act, the terms you have agreed to when you signed your employment letter will have to be adhered to. You should read it carefully (and realise how well the company protects itself). Regardless, you can still indeed raise a case. This is probably not advantageous to you if you do a simple cost and benefits analysis.

I've been in a similar position before and uneventfully chose the "not happy just move on" route after weighing the consequences (although somewhat not that detailed).

Good luck.
What do I know? I might not know much but I know enough to comment.

TS family is doing well enough to let him buy his degree in Australia.

He does not enjoy his current work because his new manager likes to interrupt him during presentation and ask him questions he doesn't know how to answer.

His manager screams at him that almost tantamount to verbal abuse.

Currently looking for a new job aiming for a pay raise of 400. Others advise him to aim for an increase of 1k and he is willing to try. Replies to those asking him to try aiming lower that his position has executive decision making which is unheard of even at manager( yes your fav title!) level.

Does this sound like someone who really really needs that 150 dollar?

Post in a forum asking if his leave is pro rated
Someone replied is dependable on company hr policy.(in a rather hostile way I have admit)
Claim his union rep which is well versed in mom policy that that's not true.(how well versed is the rep if he doesn't even know pmet not covered in employment act?)
Friend from stat board hr tells him he not covered by EA. Rather believe the union rep.
Insist on knowing whether can claim. Someone on the board he not covered by EA. Believes random stranger on the web over stat board hr friend or well versed in mom policy union rep.

I have no idea what's the purpose of this thread. If everyone tells him he is entitled to the leave is he going to show it to hr and use it as a argument? If the rep believe he truly has a case ask the rep right for him. If he's unwilling you should know why. Posting in a forum wanting to only hear people siding with him(balanced advice) is counter productive and a general waste of time.