Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Serious question on pro-rated leave and getting leave back in cash
View Single Post
Old 18-02-2014, 10:20 PM

darkstar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Welcome to the REAL WORLD. You are finally waking up by dropping the whole issue.

Not happy just move on. Union / MOM cannot do and will not do anything. (Not even your 13th month / AWS is compulsory) contrary to popular belief.

Hi Unregistered, I am not sure if you are the same person whom earlier made the remarks to "wake up". I am fully aware that the 13th month/AWS is not compulsory.

But there is more to this story than you realise.

It may be easy to say and tell others that "not happy just move on". but there could be extenuating circumstances that everybody face. Sometimes, when we quit, it is not by choice. We could have parents whom are in poor health. we might have siblings we need to put through school, some of us are the sole breadwinners of the entire family.

Because of this circumstances, I have become quite paranoid, I became obsessed with saving money and making sure I am full employed as much of the time as possible.

I did not want to quit, I loved my job, I actually want to stay, because I badly needed the salary. But I was forced into circumstances beyond my control.

I am not sure which "real world" you inhabit but in the world I inhabit, I need to fight for every right I can get because that mere few hundred dollars can make a lot of difference.

Last edited by darkstar; 18-02-2014 at 10:25 PM.