Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 18-02-2014, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

People want to retire early, let them retire early. They happy, why you kay poh?

Just because you and your old father don't want or cannot retire, don't force others to listen to you.

You sound just like the kind of boss people want to avoid looking at their face every morning. That is why they want to retire early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Strange how a earnings threads becomes a retirement thread. Or rather one man's ideal of retirement should be.

I don't see what is the problem if people want to work till they croak, maybe they like working? Some people are more important than others, my own parents are still working because they run a company with 10's of staff that stayed loyal with them throughout the years. Maybe its kind of selfish? But that's what gives them meaning so I will give them my support until they can bear no more.

Who says we don't enjoy yourselves when we are working, I enjoy interacting with the people around me everyday. My idea of retirement is to start a proper investment firm with a proper office and fly around in business class looking for investments at my own pace and have my children see how money is earned around the world, barter and trading and not playing with ticker codes on computer screens like pac man.

Granted this individual has done well and should be appreciated, but he too has to understand every man has different drivers in life and to purely think his way is the best is just silly.

For instance I don't like to do charity, I prefer to donate money instead. Is that so bad in comparison?

I for one will not be sated sitting in a penthouse all day, it kind of reminds me a bird in a Gilded Cage.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app