Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

For your sake, I hope you got your planning right. I think there is no need to tell you that getting back into the workforce later in life is not easy if not impossible. Many ended up driving taxis even in their 60s. But still it is an honest job, but something they could possibly avoid if they have planned their finances better. Driving taxi is not exactly easy - it's almost like running a little business.

There will always be people dying young or before their time. I only hoped that they don't leave a big financial burden on their loved ones. To those who worked hard and provided for their families and to die prematurely is really unfortunate. But it is despicable for those who copped out early in their working life falsely arguing that work will kill them and neglecting their loved ones' future.

Something to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Financially, I have worked out everything. We have sufficient savings for our kids' studies. We are heavily insured and most importantly, I have a good cash buffer, on top of my investment portfolio. My wife is happy with her career, the work is not too stressful and she is likely to work for the next 20 years. She saves a big chunk of her salary as most of the family expenses are taken care by me. As a millionaire, this is the right thing to do. I am now helping her to be a millionaire too.

Free time? I don't have much free time anyways. I am spending time more on things which really matter and which I previously neglected due to the crazy work commitment - religion, family, society (the poor), health. It is time I make up for it.

Btw, I looked at today's obituary, there are guys who passed away in their 50s and 60s. Food for thought.