Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Our Houses Aren't As Affordable As HDB Says
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 09:43 AM

Husky is on a distinguished road

The two relatively long post before this can be summarised in three words, Don't Be Picky. Incidentally that is the nick of the poster for both articles.

I have but three questions which I hope don't be picky can address. Don't be a drive by poster...

1) When buying something that takes up to thirty years to finance, is it wrong to be a little picky?

2) What exactly is the objective of removing first timer piority for applicants who has rejected a flat twice? It seems more like a measure to "force" people to take up a less than desirable flat than to ensure people with urgent need will be able to secure a flat.

3) Exactly what are we to the decision makers? Animals that they try to stuff into pigeon holes? Just make sure every pigeon has it own hole. Whether they like the hole they are assigned to or not is not important. What is important is, we can achieve a high success rate of filling them up into holes.

My last point is not exactly a question but more of a wish. I think it will be interesting to see some of these top brass stay in public housing for a while. Perhaps they can understand the situation on the ground a little better if they could really come down to our level. Being high up there in a control tower, it's not hard to imagine how we look to them. Cattle that they try to force into their respective pens...