Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much increment can you ask for when you are looking for a new job?
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2014, 09:50 AM

darkstar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
to add, the role you were in , the KPI seems to be difficult to justify. Like how much $$ do you save or sales you brought in for the dept or business you are in.
If you are in a position where you can brag numbers based on your achievements then you can command much more, even leadership role.
5 yrs after grad, I think u should be able to gun for manager or asst mgr post. You may not need to have people under your hierarchy but you stake in the dept should be more significant.
Can you formulate your resume to show more numbers like sales you brought in?
Actually, in my current role (which I just quit), although job title is executive, the discretion to make decisions is extremly wide-ranging, compared to other decisions. I have the ability to make decisions without consultation, and I think in comparision with elsewhere, it is unusual, because when I speak to my colleagues, they all mentioned that even as managers, they have to seek appproval for the work I sometimes do on a daily basis.

Will follow your advice and update my resume.