Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much increment can you ask for when you are looking for a new job?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
Hi,

I got my bachelor's degree 5 years ago and have been working full-times for 5 years since, from the University of Queensland, no honours, only Dean's List Merit Award.

Private Education sector means working in educational institutions other than NTU, NUS or SMU.

For example, it refers to institutions like SIM, PSB Academy, Kaplan, Curtin Singapore or JCU Singapore.

Funny thing is, when I go for the interviews, (I already went for 6 interviews, 5 with GLC-related organisations), they say asking for $3.3 still okay, for senior executive positions, but maybe $3.5 a bit too much out of their budget.

My sixth interview, was a private sector organisation, actually quite large organisation, is actually a spin-off from one of Singapore's more-important Stat Board; they were really keen in me, the interview dragged to nearly 1.5 hours, and even asked me to consider other positions, but they said being paid $3.1K is currently way-above the market rate.
Im frm the same uni, but grad 9 yrs ago, not on dean list. (similar course) but i think u are underpaid/under offered. 3.1 or 3.2 is like entry level. Now the job market is suppose to be better. My time when I grad and started to wrk was 04 or 05, the times was bad so my starting was 2k, but hopped a few jobs and 3rd job 4 yrs later was 4k. Thats in 08/09. Im sure u can do better, dont listen to agents, they just want to quickly close and earn the commission. If its a headhunter who approached you for another post, they typically try to get u the best deal.