Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Professionals and Managers - Is Your Pay above the Median?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 PM

Qden is on a distinguished road

I think the Stat figures above is not representative of the real situation in Singapore. My gut feeling is the reality median is at least 25% higher than what is shown.
I started at S$2.0K per month as a junior engineer 20 years ago compare to around S$4.0K for my starting engineer. I am now in mid 40 earning S$200K+ p.a( excl. perks) in the Energy sector with a MNC. I changed job only once and my perspective is that a person needs to be in an environment where top management are paid high, he has to proof his worth at a junior level, work hard and built up relationship quick. Soon it will just take off. Look around you and find out what your supervisor or manager is getting and this will be what you could end up in years to come (assuming the person got the substance). Unless one is seeking contentment beside monetary benefits, one may have to keep changing job till he finds the right balance.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app