Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much increment can you ask for when you are looking for a new job?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
Hello, my job function has been:

- Mainly Non-commissioned sales (recruitment and sourcing of prospective students), really in formulating the development and implementation of sales campaigns and strategies to achieve KPI sales number objectives,

-plan and work with foreign University lecturers on curriculum implemetation

- handling (and selling) during information sessions registration and conduct campus tour, plus managing recruitment booths during education fairs (like the ones at Suntec) or university fairs at the polytechnics

- Handle both prospective students’ and existing students queries via phone, mail or face to face consultation sessions, Conduct regular follow up with prospective students, Provide advise with regards to admission requirements and programme benefits to prospective students regrading the undergraduate programs

-Assist newly enrolled students with enrolment process and career options, ensure that they enrol in their subjects properly

- Collect data on students' academic performance and manage the feedback progress

I'll tell you the truth, I really and truly love my current (and third job). The pay may have sucked, working hours were horrible, but I deeply felt a sense of pride seeing my students graduate and win scholarships, knowing I helped.

I saw myself staying there for like 5 - 10 years.

Until a new manager came in and started screaming at me, and picking on me. His behavior was totally horrible. I had to quit before I mentally snapped.
good on you. it's a shame that you had to bump into a less than desirable superior. it's not commonplace where people can be truly proud of the job they are holding. but as they say, people usually leave a job not because of the job itself but because of their immediate boss.

your jobscope is catered towards a very niche crowd but assuming you play a considerable role in what you just said, i can see elements where you were involved in a results-oriented environment, project management, events management, and even down to customer service where you handled students' inquiries. 5 years of this is no pushover so you have to do the rest of the junior to middle level career professionals a favour and not depress wages. in my honest opinion, unless you're really screwed up during interviews, anyone who's telling you you are supposed to get anything below 4k is very wrong. do not believe recruiters as they have client's budget to meet in mind and do not believe HR as cost containment is obviously a measure for them.

i think you need to think through how to better position yourself to your prospective employer with your years of experience and present a more convincing image during interviews, if you have not done so already.