Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much increment can you ask for when you are looking for a new job?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
Hi,

I got my bachelor's degree 5 years ago and have been working full-times for 5 years since, from the University of Queensland, no honours, only Dean's List Merit Award.

Private Education sector means working in educational institutions other than NTU, NUS or SMU.

For example, it refers to institutions like SIM, PSB Academy, Kaplan, Curtin Singapore or JCU Singapore.

Funny thing is, when I go for the interviews, (I already went for 6 interviews, 5 with GLC-related organisations), they say asking for $3.3 still okay, for senior executive positions, but maybe $3.5 a bit too much out of their budget.

My sixth interview, was a private sector organisation, actually quite large organisation, is actually a spin-off from one of Singapore's more-important Stat Board; they were really keen in me, the interview dragged to nearly 1.5 hours, and even asked me to consider other positions, but they said being paid $3.1K is currently way-above the market rate.
Hi. When you say you work in educational institutions what exactly do you do in the educational institution? Are you a teacher or do you handle some business function for the educational institution? More specifics on your competency and experiences will help us better gauge how to position yourself better for the market.

I still think $3.3k is too low for a graduate with 5 years experience. Unless you have been sweeping floors and making coffee the past 5 years, I really think you can gun for higher.