Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much savings do you have?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 02:52 PM

darkstar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hmm not really, we took a HDB loan so it'll be deducted from our cpf. Luckily for us, we decided to get a cheaper 3-room (before we hit the income ceiling of 10k in a few years) so there won't be any cash top-ups for our loans.

Honestly, is 28k combined savings a good amount for our age? And yes, we try to save more if possible, so it's not unusual for us to hit 1k in savings a month

As for drinking out... trying to cut down! But it's one of our few vices, along with an annual long-haul trip (we're headed to new york next month, spending about 4.5k all in including accomodation and airfare).
Actually, I think the both of you are doing okay! I dun really know a lot of married or engaged couples, so I am not qualified to do a comparision, but I still think it is okay!

For me, I am a degree holder with 5 years of experience, but i earn only $3.1K a month (gross); just quit my job without finding a new one. I choose to be thrifty beciz i am single and unattached but if I have a wife or girlfriend, I would also travel around the world with her like you!