Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Engineering vs Medicine
View Single Post
Old 26-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Go for medicine in oz and stay there.

Engineers here may start with high pay, but they lose out in the long run, with the exception of IT (sometimes called "software engineering").

Bioengineering will be worse. Life science and bio-anything is already bad enough, so bio & engineering combined together will bring out the worst in each (cos you're neither here nor there). Jokes aside, just ask your lecturer what kind of jobs you'll be doing when you graduate. How about seniors who have already graduated? Or, if it's an entirely new course, then you have to be doubly wary. Just look at the life sciences graduates and diploma holders. Where are they now? Take a look at this comment at http://www.salary.sg/2009/what-happe.../#comment-5287

Quote:
Michelle Says:
July 12th, 2009 at 5:39 pm
It had been 4 years after my graduation from local uni.

I am doing biomedical sales now and still remain in the LS industry.But many my friend leave the industry total and become Financial Advisor, Real Estate Agent, teachers and etc.

Only small % with strong interest proceed further for PHD. But it is not easy, and have to study many years to have that title.

Those remain in LS without strong interest feel struggle without direction remain inside the industry. It is a hard time when your friend who are in finance and engineer become manager.