Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - quit without job
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
How long were you employed there? You are not exactly resigning on a good note then?

You will need a pretty good reason to back you up if the employment wasn't long. There is also a danger with background checks (my present company actually called up my ex-bosses while I was serving the notice and asked for them to fill up detailed survey forms etc WITHOUT letting me know first that they would be doing such things!) seeing that you are not on good terms with one of the managers. You may want to get into his/her good books now but of course there's no guarantee. Otherwise, try to leave that certain manager out of the picture when you present yourself to the next employer (you have 2 other managers to vouch for you right?). I was lucky my references were nice enough even though I left on a not-so-great note.

As for temp jobs, it really depends on what you're looking for and what you can offer doesn't it?
Hi Aspen,

U oso left coz of politics? Im serving 11th month.......shud have waited out 1 more month :'(
If you didnt put their name, they would not know to call them right? I mean the coy so big cant be call in find an employee's managers. I hope to exclude that manager oni, the rest of the manager Im putting it.
BTW background checks is done by which sector? govt? big MNC? small MNC? SME?
Quite unfair that manager can do that sort of inethical thgs.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app