Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - quit without job
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 02:03 PM

aspenx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi I'm TS...My situation is similar to the above. I was working under 3 managers (MNC) under a biz unit and 1 of them got jealous and started sowing discord, playing dirty tricks like constant sabotage, lashing out over nothing, snide remarks, so I resigned without waiting bonus.
Im just quite worried if I want my current role might need wait few months....

Thanks to abv pointer, as Im new to this forum I did not search extensively, oni find first few page. Pardon me.

Right now looking out for jobs and serving notice period. Is there temp job esp for grads?
How long were you employed there? You are not exactly resigning on a good note then?

You will need a pretty good reason to back you up if the employment wasn't long. There is also a danger with background checks (my present company actually called up my ex-bosses while I was serving the notice and asked for them to fill up detailed survey forms etc WITHOUT letting me know first that they would be doing such things!) seeing that you are not on good terms with one of the managers. You may want to get into his/her good books now but of course there's no guarantee. Otherwise, try to leave that certain manager out of the picture when you present yourself to the next employer (you have 2 other managers to vouch for you right?). I was lucky my references were nice enough even though I left on a not-so-great note.

As for temp jobs, it really depends on what you're looking for and what you can offer doesn't it?