Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

a bit off topic here.

I just grad recently and currently working in a foreign bank as AML compliance drawing $3k basic excluding meal allowances and whatnot.

I am thinking of jumping to a jap bank as I heard they offer quite good basic salary (I've colleagues with 2-3yrs of exp jumped to a jap bank for 20% increment) plus I am currently taking japanese language classes. Probably could achieve a JLPT N2 by next yr or 2016 i guess. (i take jap classes purely out of interest btw )

I am barely 6 months into my job and I am 25 this yr. Most of my friends encourage me to make a jump after clocking 1 yr at my current bank and should be looking at elsewhere offering mid to high 3s . Is it possible? I do not know what is the market rate like...

But from this thread i see some folks advising against joining the jap bank as a newbie.. Or will it be better for me to sniff around elsewhere other than the UK banks ?

Sorry for asking so much here. Would really appreciate if someone could advice a lost sheep here..