Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

You remind me of someone I knew, constantly criticizing how we slogged at our jobs to make money, then come to us and ask for donations to fund her trips to Africa to help the poor. If she was respectful I would gladly wrote a generous cheque, alas she walked away with nothing.

We work in a pragmatic world, everyone has a role to play. Hardworking people like that man is what aid agencies look for when they need to raise funds. A well funded aid agency has the resources to do so much more than one glamour individual.

I've seen obnoxious judgmental people at work go on such volunteer work to "show" they contribute back. These same people have no common respect for their coworkers, I will not be surprised if you're cut from the same mold.

The ones who place themselves on the moral high ground are typically the worse offenders, they are just too jaded to realize.

Scandal puts spotlight on rich Singapore churches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You sound exactly like the self centred, selfish Singaporean. Even though you are now already very rich, you still insist on working and accumulating more wealth, which probably be too much anyway by the time you are 70.

With what you already have, you should just stop working and do something meaningful in your life. Have you been to a trip to Africa to feed and clothe the poor? Have you visited the slums of our neighbouring countries? Have you thought of how you can make their lives better?

Life is not all about you and your own family. Look around you. Make a difference. Dont sleep comfortably in your bed, think of the million of homeless people in the world living under bridges. THINK !!!!!