Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We are a childless retired couple in our 60s. We retired 2 years ago and now staying in a landed home in Iskandar. Our stocks portfolio gives us S$40k per year (most of our stocks are Spore blue chips). With the good exchange rate, we get RM100k pa, which is more than enough. We can still own a car and go for regional holidays. As the RM continue to go down, we are very happy.
Hi, I am in the process of buying a landed house in Iskandar too with a view to retiring there in future. I am 38 years old and have 2 young children, currently earn about 150k a year. May consider semiretiring there in 8 years time when hopefully the RTS is up. Have a landed and MM in Singapore so depending more on rental income in future to sustain our retirement. Should have at least 5k passive income monthly to sustain our retirement in 18 years time when I am 56 years old.

I think more should look at retiring in iskandar with their big and cheaper landed houses, cheaper cars and cost of living and good exchsnge rate.