Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Should I switch job?
View Single Post
Old 24-12-2013, 10:12 AM

sardonique is on a distinguished road
Default Should I switch job?

Am a diploma holder working in quite a big company for close to 2 years drawing $1915 currently, starting from $1,800. This year's increment is only $40... VB normally at 1.5 to 2.5 months. 21 days AL + 7 exam leave (i'm currently taking part-time degree). Annual income approx 28.7k.

Got a job offer at a UK telecommunications firm. Basic $2,400, no aws, VB at 5% to 15% of 12 months annual income depending on performance (calculated and it's about 0.8 to 1 month if I take the mid rate). 15 days AL. Annual income approx 31.4k.

Should I switch? The annual income is just less than 2k difference but with a higher basic. My main concern is will the higher basic enables me to ask for a higher salary if I switch job? I have went for several interviews and input 2.4k as my expected and they said it's a big jump from my current. The pull factor for staying is this current company is the leave. If I don't utilize them, I can cash it and the annual income will work out to be around the same? Push factor will be the higher basic. Job scope wise, both jobs are around the same, prospects wise, my current job is quite stagnant already. I'm not sure if I should wait till I get my degree to switch (1 more year, 2015) or switch now and not waste my time here. Advices please!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app