Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Those hoping for substantial price correction in the property market may be disappointed with this report in Business Times: Quieter year seen ahead after 'tale of two halves', Singapore Property News, Singapore Property Guides & Articles - STProperty

With the economy and employment rate looking good for 2014, property prices may hold steady or even creep up. Property experts are saying that the government would be happy with sustainable price increase of 1 -2 % per quarter or 4 - 8% per year.

The government will step in either way - to impose further measures if price continues to climb wildly or to remove the measures if price dips substantially.

So how, to buy or not?
No one can tell you when to buy, as people's financial wealth differs from one another. Obviously from the G's perspective, it will be disastrous should the property market suddenly decline and crash. Therefore you can be sure the media will more often than not portray a positive picture of the property market to prevent that from happening.

My advise will be to see whether your property is for investment (i.e. rent them out) or for residential purposes. If it's the later, just choose a property that you're happy with, and that your financial capability allows. Having said that, my advice would be to wait it out till mid 2014 - early 2015 to see how the oversupply of properties affect the market.

If you're the former, then by all means be on the lookout for great bargains now even. Of course, you must have substantial wealth to be comfortable should you fail to rent your property out. Generally wait for all those new developments that are left those few units which they're unable to sell; you can get a great bargain for those units usually.