Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I resigned from my 1 year plus job in a hospital in Oct this year. Have been sending resumes online through job portals and direct to company via e-mail since. Not one company replied (what am I doing wrong???), just 2 job agencies that managed to hook me up to 2 respective interviews (one private and one govt hospital). I'm really keen on the private hospital job, and I really think my interview went well, but it has been 2-3 weeks and I've not gotten any replies from either the HR or job agency.

I know everyone claims the job market is slow at year-end (ie. less jobs available, with the end of financial year budgeting etc.). What are the chances of the company hiring new staff at year-end with all above factors? I called up the job agency 2 weeks after and she told me that the company has not gotten back to her about me, and that they are probably still in the interview process. She has been told of some candidates' rejection from the company, so she said that no worries, I am still being considered by the company.

I know I should continue my job searching and application, but I would think that I have already sent countless of applications to various hospitals and now I'm not sure whether there are any positions left to be applied for. -.- This aspect makes me feel like they are all not interested in taking me in...
You only applied to hospitals? Why not broaden your job hunt by applying to other jobs e.g. private companies?