Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

You should just quit now. Why wait any longer? Sell your HDB flat and migrate to a 3rd world country where you will be among the rich. You can devote the rest of your life to feeding and helping the poor. Your soul will be much more enriched compared to chasing after this material world. Seek the truth and find true success in this life and hereafter.

Type in YouTube "Success in this life and the hereafter" to find out about true success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dives View Post
It kind of depends on what you want to gain by knowing people who are better off then yourself, I have close friends who are much wealthier then I am but they are generous with their stuff but more importantly have a wealth of knowledge from their businesses to share and I am really fortunate to have such friends. I don't feel belittled by them or their wealth because they earned it and are willing to share their knowledge and know how in which I may benefit.

In a direct contrast I have an ex colleague who makes decent money and likes to be somewhat showy (fast cars, fancy eats etc), he choose to hang around people who like to envy up to him. When we meet up he sneers at me buying property and performing wealth building (property advise from my other group of friends) because he said I should not pamper my kids and just spend for the moment because that's what life's all about)

I am not saying you are him but if you have friends who are better off than yourself but belittle you its obviously not a group you want to hang around with. People who are better than ourselves are usually good and passionate about what they do and they're knowledge and advice are usually worth listening too.

Personally I don't make my wealth to catch up with the next guy, I just wanna have enough to self sustain my lifestyle and not have to do my 9am to 9pm (or 11pm) anymore.