Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I still work. If another financial crisis comes, a few points :

1) the above is my ideal allocation. I have only allocated property, bonds and equities most of it. In other words, should keep and I still keep about 2m cash.

2) crisis don't just appear without any warning. Even the gfc, there was some scares and rebounds on equities before finally the Lehman crash. The hardest hit was equities. So yes, the blue chip portfolio will be hurt. Maybe up to 50%. And that is assuming I totally fail to take any profit or cut losses. Highly unlikely.

3) property will also drop 20-30%. And not just sg drop but my, London etc.

4) bonds I am mostly investment grade or bb but could have some failures. But even gfc and SARS, there were few my kind of bond failures. So maybe paper loss? Impt hung is coupons continue coming in.

5) leverage is low. Do the math, even if all equity asset half and property drop 40%, bond drop 30%, I am still only only leveraged at 55.5%. Banks won't call still.

6) still quite young and work. So living expense no issue and can pay interests.

7) if crash really come, I will take profit, cut maybe some losses and wait. With cash pool and coupons and income, will make a killing when rebound comes.

If no rebound, it means world is screwed. Money no use then, live with less lor. Learn to be cook or something
Good to plan but no point being paranoid about all the worst case scenarios... Otherwise need to build bunker in tekong with food storage and supplies. Life is too short. If we are lucky enough to have made money, give back to society, be nice to people around us and be happy.