Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 31-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

You can set up orphanages and soup kitchens for the millions of poor in Asia. Stop being a selfish person who spends his wealth for his own needs only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR45 View Post
Dear Whizzard,

Grateful you took time to reply this newbie. : )

Private banks sound great but I am sure they will find me too dumb and conservative. On the other hand I have had it with fresh faced 20-something RMs who have been lecturing me about the world economy, reciting from the same play book and in the end, there is always a "special" investment product created for people "just like me".

Full and total retirement is not going to happen anytime soon. Ours is a small and personal business and we have to be at least partly hands-on for things run smoothly. But that said, we do have experienced staff taking care of the daily routines. We are not overworked and have time to exercise, shop, eat, travel and do stuff with the kids. I do not mind our life as it is now. As you pointed out, it takes discipline not to do something with the cash. That is one of the reasons I ended up with my properties. And collecting rent is getting to be boring. I never thought I would say that, but it is true. Properties are incredibly illiquid and there is not much you can do with them (except to sell them and get back more cash !). My tenants pay their rental regularly and I no longer check on them.

And seeing you started the topic "Calling it Quits!", what do you think can be done in semi-retirement with, say $10M or $20M and reasonable returns on your investments. One can only travel or scuba-dive/ski/golf so much. ; )