Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ocbc associate/fresh talent programme (ops & tech)
View Single Post
Old 29-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by janlin View Post
So in a sense, this prog is just a fake dangling carrot to attract "talents"? To have a pool of willing ppl to squeeze more?

Sorry but I dont get ur last statement. Are u comparing MA to associates or associates to normal employees?
well, u can put it that way, but i wuld not. it's just a regular bank job - mostly administrative. wow a degree holder doing administrative work? yeah. degree holders are the best trainees because they are the most willing to learn and learn better. good if u aspire to join the non-glamorous, operations of banking. therefore candidates with decent results, good attitude will be offered a job.

associates are just like regular employees, same kind of salary package as the rest, same for bonus, etc. it is different from ma programmes track. ma executives may be given higher compensation, stock options, access to CEO, power to control certain parts of the bank, etc. associates and below have no power at all, just to complete the tasks assigned to them.

i observed many other banks like jpm, barclays, citi have such associates programmes too, but ultimately it's still a regular bank job. they all have rotations for joiners to make sure u know the various bank functions since u will need to work closely together and get things done when u're in ur assigned department. decent prospects, pay package, and far, far away from the glamour of MA track.