Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service Merit Increment 2012
View Single Post
Old 24-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

Go check your pacgov salary details. It states the salary ceiling for salary range.
How old are you?
If you were the previous forummer, i.e age 29, i am surprised that you are having such a high civil service salary, near to 7K. If so, then you are probably having a very good CEP to boot, and could on the path of being appointed on the AO track, if not on the Public Service Leader scheme. You should know best.

If you are say, late 30's/40's chances are that you may get promoted in a few years time. The CEP given to an officer affects his annual increment and it attempts to smoothen out his salary increase across the years. Chances are, when you hit your ceiling, you could be well placed to get promoted to the next grade, provided there are vacancies. Mature organisations (both govt and private) may have a problem to promote officers to higher grades, simply because there are enough positions that can hold higher grade officers. I suggest that you continue to work hard or at least remember that you are paid to work hard. I have seen many officers who are hitting their salary ceiling start to slack. Improper.

Back to CEP. If your CEP is super high to begin with, then you will reach your salary ceiling sooner than later since annual increments will be higher for the same peformance grade. If there are not enough higher grade posts, then what can happen is that you will have no salary increments until you get promoted. That said, if your CEP is super high, probably your progression chart has already been laid out. Don't need to worry so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
im kinda worried now

is the bar for MX11 8k ? im already near the 7k mark. what happens if i hit 8k and still cant be promoted cos it's too soon ?