Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MBA(priv uni)+Engineering(NUS) can do what niche job?Who will employ?
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2013, 11:11 AM

aspenx is on a distinguished road

@TS. I like your positiveness. But I can't comment much on your background, potential nor which "niches" to look at though.

As a "chao engineer", have you taken charge of any projects before or participated in making any high level business decisions? If so, you could brand yourself as BA/PM crossover. I highly doubt your MBA will help for that though and in fact even put you at a disadvantage (background is chao engineer afterall and companies will not want to pay much especially since you only have paper qualification for BA and little experience).

If your chao engineering and technology knowledge and experience is good enough, you can consider the path of _trying to become_ a patent attorney. Again, your MBA will not be useful and you will have to study IP law for another 1 to 1.5years. Looking at your GMAT score, I doubt it's feasible for you.

No real niches out there for MBA + BEng (without spectacular experience and other qualities) in my opinion.