Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MBA(priv uni)+Engineering(NUS) can do what niche job?Who will employ?
View Single Post
Old 22-10-2013, 08:02 PM

wahkao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you're looking at someone who can engage stakeholders, plan 5 - 10 years masterplan, find the next area of focus, bring out innovative solutions, extensive research using past records and benchmarks to forecast P&L, able to use financial model for that, engage the entire organisation, use of TQM or Performance Management Tool that doesn't just look at P&L, and extensive networks within the industry etc.

All these require extensive experience of probably 10 years doing strategic management and performance, while taking up graduate diplomas and degrees (e.g. MBA) to strengthen your foundation and concept. Experience is all about executing, and it is only through experience that you know what works and what not.
I like your post. Do share more.

Let me pen my thoughts on how confident I am in the following:
- can engage stakeholders - Can do
- find the next area of focus - Can do
- plan 5 - 10 years masterplan - 5 years can do. beyond that I will have pluck out justifiable numbers from thin air.
- bring out innovative solutions - Can do. On both commercial and engineering levels
- extensive research using past records and benchmarks to forecast P&L - can do
- able to use financial model - Can do
- engage the entire organisation - Maybe can, maybe cannot. Not very confident on this.
- TQM or Performance Management Tool - Not sure on this. Can give some example of this?
- extensive networks within the industry - Can do

well, maybe right now I have the confidence. But when I actually do it, I will find the job riddled with nails. But is ok, I am prepared for all these nails.