Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2013, 01:10 PM
wei

Default jobless for long time................

I have a similar experience while searching for a job. I am in my 30s and have about 7 years experience in IT. My last company was in a MNC. My contract ended in june this year and i chose not to renew because i was very sick of the job and there wasn't any career growth. Many colleagues left one after another. I quitted without a job and was jobless for almost 4 months.

I wanted to go into other sectors as an analyst. I sent resume via the career@ gov but so far no call from them. I went for job interviews however none has offered me. Even though i am single, no car, no gf and has some savings, i felt the pressure. It's really mental torture and stressed. Morever, I still have to give my parents allowance as they are not working. I don't know how long more to get a job.

Each time, i go out with my friends, i feel there is a invisible gap between them and me as they are still working. Friends wedding invitation started to knock on my door. No $$ in and big $$ out. I will feel awkward to attend the wedding because they will ask where am i working. If i tell them i am jobless, i guess they will give me that kind of discrimination or despise look etc and will keep topics or conversation minimal with me.

My advice to those ppl who wanted to quit badly is to really bite the bullet and endure their shitty job until you secure a new job. Even though u think u can afford to go jobless and have some savings to sustain u for 6 months or maybe couple of years. But who knows u can be jobless for as long as years and your savings will run out soon. It feels gd to relax for a couple of months without a job. After that you will start to panic. Do not assume the market is always good and there are a lot of jobs u can easily get. There are a lot of FTs competing with u too.