Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - On Get Rich Seminars
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheMaths-- View Post
Just do the maths ... 1 student pays $3,000. If there are 100 students enrol, the trainer makes $300K per course and he only teach 2.5 days - saturday, sunday in hotel meeting room plus 1 week night in his office. If he managed to run 12 classes in a year, that's a wopping $3.6m! And he only work once in a month, only 2.5days per month. And since he booked a hotel room, he probably would gather more students. You can do the maths ... if there are more than 100 students in a class.
I was at the Invest Fair 2009 today. The get rich seminars there are on overdrive.

One forex trainer claims he and his students can "consistently" achieve 10% profit a month. He even repeated that it's "10% a month" and not "10% a year".

He even illustrated how 10k can compound at 10%/mth to about 100k in 24 months, obviously hinting that it's easy for him to multiply his capital by 10 folds in 2 years.

As some of the above posts say, it's not too hard to see these self-proclaimed alpha traders actually make money from conducting courses.

Well, I know some who justify that they "truly" want to share their knowledge and help others get rich. Yeah right. If they are indeed so altruistic and can really get 10%/mth return like what the forex "guru" claimed, I suggest Temasek Holdings and GIC hire them, cos according to my calculations, at 10%/mth compounding, $10k will become $1 billion in just over 10 years and hit $1 TRILLION in 16 years and 2 months.

"10% a month consistently". Yeah right.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app