Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career Choice: Consumer Banking or Business Banking?
View Single Post
Old 17-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by alant View Post
I see, hows the career progression like then for someone starting off as entry level and moving up? Curious as I'm not in banking.

Why didnt you move to business banking then? Are you still in banking?
Progression for sales usually just sales mgr then if you do well later on team leader. Some after many years as team leader maybe go join credit or become a RM to do servicing.

ya, i started in business banking operations with low pay and bonus and sucky hours. Then i moved to business banking credit as a analyst still with quite suck pay. Not much increment for internal transfer. Was not very keen to do sales, very high targets, every week got tekan sales meeting by the sales head etc v stress lol.

After about 3 years there I moved to another bank as a assistant corporate RM. No sales involved, just do day to day servicing of large singapore MNCs (no longer business banking heh). Pay there was much better, bonus also quite good. After a few years I didn't want to do day to day servicing anymore and went back to do credit. Changed a few other banks since.

Current place is not bad. Small Singapore branch of a asian bank, 5.30 can leave office, hardly need to OT and pay / bonus is decent.