Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career Choice: Consumer Banking or Business Banking?
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, I was with SCB before as a consumer banker, join them with exactly the wrong concept that doing these lousy jobs and long hours were the way to join PB/IB next time.

It's a myth. Many people are just hanging by hoping and praying, but in my 2 years there I never know anyone who actually succed in making the switch. All we had were rumours, but never an identifiable person with an actual name. The bank itself will always subtly imply the possibility to keep the grunts motivated and stay with them.

Base on my observation, to make it to these pulmp jobs, either you have sterling academics and join the FO right at the start, or you are some rich kid with rich connections or you are mid career who build up your connections in some other industry. Ammassing experience and network with the common masses who only have a few hundred k in their banks aint gona get you anywhere to IB.
i dun think its possible to make it to a private banker in just 2 or 3 years if you join as a consumer banker right? correct me if im wrong but i think private bankers are mostly all in their 30s at least. also, i dun think its possible to get into IB if you join as a consumer banker, what you should be looking at is to move up to head the whole branch instead.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app