Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ever since the crisis which was created by bankers who developed all the toxic financial assets and derivatives, I have liquidated all my financial assets and bought properties with the money. All my properties, which are in OCR, are making good money. Since they are fully paid, I don't worry about any future price correction or interest rate hikes. At least I know their value will not go to zero in the long run. I can also touch and see my properties, they are there physically and I enjoy driving with my family to show my kids the various properties I own. Hope to pass these down to my kids. I continue to save my bonuses every year and when I have accumulated enough over the next few years, I will add more properties. I will not take any loan. Since my wife and I save in total $200k pa, I will buy a condo in cash every 5 years. Buying over time is like doing dollar cost averaging. So if prices drop in 5 years time, I will be able to buy a bigger unit with the same amount of cash.
I suppose this is probably best for you since you are a lousy investor in financial products. However, I wouldn't be surprised if your more diversified and leveraged friends surpass you significantly in wealth over time.