Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - [Degree Holder] Public or Private?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 06:29 PM

Darkzi0n is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if you are not a scholar or your results are only average, dun join the public sector. you will see for yourself and feel like **** when you see those with better results than you (non-work related at all) promoting faster than you even if you are much better in work than them.
result wise sld be okay, im expecting a first class... but i dont think result matter so much for the one im applying... i toked to the HR manager before and she say they onli look for ppl with atleast second upper.... so i think there isnt really a very much difference in results among ppl working there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fresh graduates want to think that they ought to start off in the private sector because it is more dynamic and offers more room for growth. However, many end up with mediocre pay, long hours of work and slow progression. They also tend to believe that they can switch to civil service easily at a later stage of their career, having accumulated adequate experience in the private sector. On the contrary, the selection process for a government job is far more stringent than what many think, with academic credential being an important consideration. Out of all who applied, only a handful manage to get in.
the public sector im apply for is directly related to my studies... n the hr manager literally brightens up when she hear about my second major which is also closely related, lol. so i think as long as i dont do too badly for my interview, i think i sld have a good chance.