Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 29-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, really in a dilemma right now, so I would really appreciate it if anyone experienced can share his/her views.

I graduated from uni around 4 months ago (2nd lower).

Been looking for jobs while working freelance for a magazine firm. I have been offered a perm position at the mag firm, but the starting salary is 2.5k. At the same time, I have been called up to attend a first round interview for the position of Research Officer.

Does anyone roughly know the job scope, interview requirements for this posting? Not entirely sure whether I should try out for the interview. I did consider signing the offer at the mag firm, and have been pressed to do so. I feel like giving in because it's been 4 months since I have grad, and it sucks to be at home not doing anything.

At the same time, the stability and high starting salary of the DXO posting really speaks out to me.

Is the job itself mind-numbing? From the first interview to signing of offer (assuming one does get through), how long does the entire procedure take?
If im not mistaken, you will be paid at least 3.2k for second lower.
The whole process will take at least 2 months. So just try out for the interview.