Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 26-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Your wife is right. It is important to know what makes one happy. She knows, she gets it and she is happy. Happiness is priceless.

No point having lots of money but no happiness and harmony. Money can be earned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Like you, I am also a millionaire, at least for now. However, I live in a 4 room HDB flat, which is paid up. Since my wife feels we are successful and wants her friends to know she is successful, she is urging me to buy a condo. So, I will be buying a condo which will cost me S$1.5m and since I don't like the idea of having a mortgage for our home, I will be paying in full. So, after the sale of my flat, I will use the sale proceeds plus my cash to pay for the condo.

Since the definition of a millionaire doesn't include our primary home, after I buy the condo, I will no longer be a millionaire as the amount of investable asset I will then have will be less than US$1m. So sad, I can't tell my friends I'm a millionaire any more, the only consolation I have is that I can tell them I now live in a condo with nice big swimming pool, gym and tennis court. My wife will be very happy as she can tell her friends that she now lives in a condo. We are also changing our car to a new conti car. She says it is part of her image building. What to do? We men just follow ...