Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalifah View Post
I have a friend who's a doctor. He worked in a clinic before. Quite stressful for him since he said he was only able to provide drugs to patients for their illnesses but couldn't target at the source of those illnesses. He said he didn't feel fulfilled or satisfied with that kind of job.

One day he found a company that allowed him to work together with other doctors to actually target the real source of illness and diseases, in the areas of obesity, cancer, etc. And he's earning quite a lot now. More than the standard doctors who work long hours.
I am a locum gp working in singapore. i must say life is quite good, pay is fairly good about 90 per hr so depends on how hqrd u work. work is actually very easy and often have spare time to read papers and surf net. timing is also uo to me so i chose to work office hrs and to get off early to spend time with my children. there are lots of locum slots available all over singapore so a lot of choice but i choice to work reg at the same few clinics on fixed times. no office politics, really free and easy with no one breathing over yr shoulder usually. mc also easier to take than as a reg employee. take home pay is high as mostly no cpf. tho some will pay cpf. life is good as a locum gp i would say. regular pay increment every year too.